Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Jet Lag

You know that feeling you get if you've ever traveled to another country on a vacation in a different time zone? You know, the feeling of needing to get adjusted to the new time zone? Well I get that feeling every 1-2 weeks, only it's not from traveling to somewhere exotic. I work day and night shifts and so my body must transition every week or 2 to the opposite shift. Hence, the reason why I'm blogging at 2 am. To be honest, I actually enjoy both shifts. They each have something different and yet nice things to offer. I've always been more of a sleep all day, stay up all night person. However, I do like the work flow of what a day shift brings. So, I will likely keep these shifts forever. Evening shifts aren't my thing because I feel as if I'd miss out on too much stuff with home life, especially when the kids are in more activities. I do have some helpful things to get me through thankfully. I recently bought a CD with meditation/hypnosis specifically designed to help clear the mind, relax the body, and promote sleep. It's actually worked very well so far when I find myself struggling to switch my sleep pattern. I highly recommend this for anyone struggling to shut their mind off at bed time. Also gotta love coffee! One cup per shift has suited me quite well to keep me alert and awake. Then of course as I said before, getting exercise has also given me an added boost of energy.

I am winding down after a very fun day with my co-workers. I went to my co-worker's baby shower and got to meet her baby along with another co-worker who recently had a baby. I am so lucky to work with such a great group of women. They are really a second family to me. Everyone is so caring and kind. Lots of laughs were had by all. 
                                                              
Cute Moment of the Day: As our night was winding down at home, Dave was holding Brinlee and Mason came up face to face with her and started making this "Wawawawa" noise. Well, the seriousness that she had all day while co-workers tried to get her to smile disappeared and she laughed more than I've ever heard from her before. I have not heard Brinlee laugh so hard! You know when you are overtired and everything makes you laugh? I think that was part of her deal since she missed a nap, but also the fact that Mason giving her extra attention really got her going. Best part is that I was able to "bottle up" this memory cause I ran as fast as I could to pull out the video recorder in time to capture it.

No comments:

Post a Comment