Sunday, March 13, 2011

It ain't nothing but a number. Right?

Do you know that for the past week I've been telling everyone that Brinlee is 3.5 months old? Guess what? It just hit me this evening as I was exchanging smiles and coos with her that she in fact just turned 4 months. 4 months already. And though it feels like she has been with us longer, actually having to say that she is now 4 months seems crazy! I was thinking about how we count the months of their life for 12 to maybe 18 months and then start referring to their age in years or years and a half after that. So, when I think about it, I could already be 1/4 done with referring to her age in months. Sad. Actually, I think I may continue to count her months until at least 18 months and maybe longer...I don't know that I will ever feel ready to count my baby's age in years. It's just unreal to think about how fast life goes the older you get. We all say that life is short, but man I thought about the fact that I'm turning 30 in November and those years flew by. Then think about how much faster another 30 years will fly and then I will be considered close to elderly. WHAT?! Well, I looked it up and depending on who you ask "elderly" can mean more than a number. In any case, I remember when 30 seemed old and now I'm thinking 60 seems old or at least "getting up there" in age, ya know? But, have no fear, I am going to rock whatever age I get to, haha! It's inevitable though, the number will not stop going up. If we can truly grasp that concept, then we can maybe truly remember just how short life really is.

Heartfelt thoughts: Today and this past weekend, I am thinking and praying for all the people effected by the tsunami. I hope that those deeply effected may find peace and healing after such devastation. I pray that they will feel comfort during such great loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment