Wednesday, April 13, 2011

There are no words

What an emotional day I have had. I am reminded more than ever how precious life is. I went to a conference on caring of the sorrow during pregnancy & infant loss and although the title would have you expect that tears would be shed, nothing can prepare you for the overwhelming feelings that are overcome while hearing the stories of loss. You cannot help but try and imagine what it would be like to go through such grief. I could never truly know what that pain must be like. The deep sadness I felt today must've been just a fraction of what the parents, grandparents, and siblings go through. My heart goes out to those who have had to deal with this pain. I came home and got choked up as I watched Brinlee peacefully sleep in her swing and watched Lilah and Mason running through the backyard giggling and playing. The word grateful is an understatement for what feelings I have to be able to watch them grow. I learned a lot today and hope to help pass on the messages that were given so that we may excell in our care for patients during this difficult time.
A quote from today's conference that really struck a nerve "When we lose a parent, we lose our past. When we lose a child, we lose our future"
May God bring peace to all of those who have suffered such loss and bring comfort in dark moments of mourning.

1 comment:

  1. Something I pray to never experience. My heart goes out to those who have. You're right. We just can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete