Monday, April 25, 2011

Sweetheart

Brinlee's been drooling like a mad woman for the past month and chewing on everything in sight, but so did the other 2 kids at this age. So as she was sitting on my lap and we were exchanging big smiles, a white glare from her mouth caught my eye. I thought, "hmmm maybe one's trying to poke through" and swooped my finger across her bottom gum, only to feel the sharp edges of her first tooth! I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty excited and picked up the phone to share the news with Dave. I couldn't believe it! The other kids didn't get their first tooth until at least 6 months so this was unexpected. And, she is my baby. Things are not suppose to move faster. But, I guess this is just one of the many things that are out of my control. My happiness quickly turned to a tiny bit of sadness as I realized this was another step toward toddler hood.



I must add how much of a little love bug she is. She just loves to be nestled up face to face, cheek to cheek. And, if you have a space between your face and her's, she will en wrap her little hands around your cheeks to show her love. Her name means "sweetheart" and I think we picked right : )

No comments:

Post a Comment