Monday, July 11, 2011

Where Has the Time Gone?

Not gonna lie, I feel terrible for not posting for another month. It's not like I haven't had things to write about either. I just haven't had time. I have been extra busy lately which I guess is a good thing, but I still need to make every effort I can to make time for blogging. It's funny cause it's like a friend you haven't talked to in a while. The more time that passes, the more your mind reminds you that you need to get in touch. So, here I am. As I write, I am trying to think of where to begin and it may be better for readers if I have a few different posts rather than one long never ending post to read.
I have been spending a lot of my hours making a photo/scrap book for Dave's parents. I am thinking that none of his family reads this blog so I should be ok to write about that. I want it to be a surprise for all of them, not just his parents. Dave has this box 1/4 full of random pics of his years growing up. Well I am part of this awesome website called Groupon.com and it offered $50 worth of book for just $15 at Mixbook.com. (If you're looking for great deals check this site out!) I've never made a scrapbook from a website, but it sounded intriguing so I thought since I had an awesome deal, I would give it a shot. I now understand a bit more what Jody does! I love all the photos that were thrown in this box and couldn't have thought of a better way to bring the memories back. It took me forever! Just like scrap booking, but it's much easier to edit. I may have found another hobby, lol! One great thing about this website is that you can upload pics and if you don't have time to make a book, it will make a book for you with no obligation to keep it. Of course, I wanted to make my own and add my own special touches, but it sure is a nice option. I did publish the book too, so if you want to check it out, just go to Mixbook.com and the book is called "Snapshots of Days Gone By." I can't wait to give it to Dave's parent's! I spent at least 36 hours on it, hence the fact that I've been MIA. I hope I can be near as creative as my cousin Jody someday, so maybe it won't take me so long to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment